Since the 1960s, access to and availability of oral contraceptives have improved dramatically. Now all women are able to get low-cost and extremely effective birth control delivery to their homes without having to visit a doctor’s office.
Not only has accessibility improved, but so too have the pills themselves. There are now many different types of birth control pills that you can choose from, each with its own benefits. Most of these are also available from birth control delivery services, which makes it even easier.
Types of Oral Contraception
There are four main types of birth control pills. Each type offers different benefits. The great news is that a wide variety of pills are available for birth control delivery, so every person can find the right pill for them.
Here’s a breakdown of the characteristics of each type of birth control pill:
- Combination – this is the most popular type of pill ordered through birth control delivery. It contains equal amounts of estrogen and progestin. On top of providing reliable birth control, combination pills can shorten or lighten periods and make them more predictable. They can also help relieve PMS, cramping, and improve acne.
- Extended Cycle – this formulation is similar to combination pills, but it is formulated specifically to help reduce the frequency of periods while still providing reliable birth control. Extended cycle pills are also available through birth control delivery services.
- Progestin-only (or “mini pill”) – this type of pill does not contain any estrogen, which is better for certain individuals with certain health concerns or sensitivity to hormonal birth control. Birth control delivery services have made the mini pill more easily accessible for many women.
- Low dose – this formulation uses a lower amount of both estrogen and progestin hormones but still offers reliable birth control.
Which One is Right for You?
The best type of birth control pill for you depends on your health history, how sensitive you are to the side-effects, and your period goals. How do you know which type of birth control pills are right for you? Before you order your pills for birth control delivery, it is important for you to consider a few things:
- Are you sensitive to hormonal birth control side-effects?
- Do you want help with acne, cramps, period flow, or period length?
- Do you have any health conditions?
If you need a birth control pill but also would like the positive side effects of less acne, fewer cramps, and shorter periods, then try out a combination pill. If you are prone to headaches, weight gain, bloating, or other birth control pill side effects, consider trying a low dose birth control. If you have other health concerns, the online doctor consultant may suggest you use a mini pill as the safest method of birth control pills. Whichever type of pill you decide to use, there is a large variety available through birth control delivery services like wisp.
Online Birth Control and How it Works
Wisp is the easiest and most reliable way to get birth control delivery. First, select the birth control pill that is right for you. Second, a doctor will review your request and follow-up with you by phone or online chat. The doctor will then write a prescription for you. Third, your prescription will be shipped for free to your home or will be made available for same-day pickup at your local pharmacy. Wisp offers low cost, high quality birth control options that are available without any hidden doctor’s fees.